Don't interrupt...

Don't interrupt...
RUDE!

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

is it in the water?

Is it the season for time apart? In one week 2 people from work are taking a break from their significant others. I don't think its a bad thing. Gives you some time for clarity; to see the whole picture. I think when you think about the little things they do add up but at the end of the day, but you have to truly think about is why you're together and if you truly love each other. It's very difficult to have balance...to live for yourself and be who you are but also be with someone and share your life. If you go too much in the direction of sharing...you feel like you lose yourself and you forget who you are...you get caught up in the emotional whirlwind, but on the other hand if you think too much of yourself and live for yourself...the emotional attachment starts to feel like it disippates or there is lack of communication. How do people that have been married for 50+ years do it? The same person everyday for the rest of your life, things that drive you crazy about each other...how do you make it work out? How do you make a relationship stay constant and thriving. Its so bizarre because I've loved before and sometimes no matter how much you love someone you know its not going to work, so you make the heartbreaking decision to end it. Its for the best, because you fight too much, or you're not meant for each other or someone didn't love each other anymore. How do you figure out whats worth salvaging or if you should even try. I used to know...I used to be so sure, because I lived for myself and never got too caught up in the emotional attachment and with that came the confidence to be able to say enough is enough. But now...I'm not so sure, but what changed? Maybe I'm too involved that I'm not thinking clearly...but the love feels so good; you feel like everything is right with the world and your walking on sunshine and when its not working it feels the worst; like you can't breath, like your heart is literally sinking. I don't want to be that emotional-less bitch that settles for the person that puts up with her shit and they can handle living day to day not really thinking about each other much...but dealing with what you have and calling it love...

can you find me...i'm feeling lost.

1 comment:

  1. All this soul searching Linda..it's making me thirsty! I think the most important part is to remember you are hella young, and that the most important person is you right now. It's your time to be selfish, so do whatevah you gotta do, lady!

    ReplyDelete